Relax in luxury and historic charm at Newcastle Inn, our Midcoast Maine bed and breakfast. We are ideally situated near Newcastle and Boothbay Harbor, and within walking distance to many activities and attractions. As you plan your getaway, check out these directions and our contact information. We would love to hear from you!
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 44.031148 Longitude: -69.54247
Newcastle , ME 04553
From the South (Portland)
- Take I-95 North to Exit 52 which connects you to I-295 North
- Take I-295 North to Exit 28 (Brunswick) and stay on this road until you turn left at the light to get on to Rte. 1 North
- Stay on Rte. 1 North and after the Wiscasset Bridge go approximately 6 miles. Just after the Newcastle Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership, turn right onto Snead Spur. Stay on Snead Spur as it bears to the left and River Road joins it. Newcastle Inn is a ½ mile ahead on the right.
From the North (Bar Harbor, Camden, Rockland)
- Take Rte. 1 South passing the signs for Damariscotta/Business Rte. 1A
- After passing the Exit for Rte. 215, watch for the signs that say Newcastle and River Road and turn left onto this road which is Snead Spur. Stay on Snead Spur as it bears to the left and River Road joins it. Newcastle Inn is a ½ mile ahead on the right.
Tesla Charging Station
As you are driving your Tesla, or electric vehicle, along the Maine Coast make sure to stop for a quick charge or stay a little longer and reserve a room overnight at our historic bed and breakfast. We are happy to provide free charges for our guests, and for a nominal fee of $5, charges are available for non-guests. As one of the first properties in the area offering a Tesla charging station, we are happy to provide this cutting-edge technology to both our guests and non-guests. If you are not staying at the inn, please call the inn before your arrival.
- Tesla High Power Wall Connector (80A)
- Clipper Creek J1772 (30A)