Newcastle Inn was built in the late 1800s and other parts of the property were constructed around 1950. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable but we are committed to doing whatever we reasonably can to make our property accessible. Therefore, we have added the following accessible features:
- Parking lot level with front walkway. However, there are two steps up into the building from the front walk with no railing.
- Entryway/lobby is large and spacious. Front door is 35” wide and floor is carpeted.
- One of the public restrooms has a 36” wide door.
- The Isle au Haut Room is on the first floor and has a bathroom with a large shower with a step up over the 4” side to enter. To get to this part of the building requires going down one step and then three additional stairs (with handrail).
- The Pumpkin Island Room has a shower stall which requires stepping over 4” side to enter. This is a first floor room, in a part of the building requires going down one step and then three additional stairs (with handrail).
Newcastle Inn is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities.
We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
We have tested the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also tested keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently.
We will continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards.
Currently our reservation system does not meet AA standards of WCAG 2.0. This is something we will continue to address with our reservation company, so that it too will be accessible to people with disabilities in the future. If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly.
As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find.
Contact us at the links below.