‘Tis the season to go shopping… No matter what type of gift you need, you are sure to find it in our delightful corner of the coast. Department stores and designer outlets, boutique shops and antique stores, we have it all. Here’s your guide to holiday shopping near Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
You are sure to please the foodie in your family at one of our nearby gourmet markets.
- Pinkham’s Gourmet Market – In addition to having a full-service seafood and meat department, Pinkham’s offers a full deli line of meats and cheeses, a large selection of wines and beers, as well as soft-shell clams, lobster and crab rolls, and more.
- Eventtide – Here you’ll find a wonderful selection of extra virgin olive oils from around the world, including fused, infused, and specialty oils, and a variety of flavored vinegars. This is the perfect place to create a custom gift basket for that special foodie in your life.
Did you know that Maine has its own list of remarkable vineyards and wineries? It’s true! Discover fabulous Maine-grown vino for the wine connoisseur in your family, or for yourself!
- The Fat Friar’s Mead – Located off Route 215 just minutes from Newcastle Inn, this Maine farm winery specializes in the creation of Mead (fermented honey). Using the finest ingredients and highest standards, their quality and taste are unsurpassed.
- Savage Oakes Vineyard & Winery – Stop in their tasting room for samples of their wines grown right on the farm. Open any Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 4pm November 1 – December 25. Open daily 11am to 5pm from May 1 – October 31. Closed December 26 – April 30.
- The Weatherbird – This wonderful local shop invites you to stop in and eat, sip, and shop. In addition to great wine, you’ll find beer, specialty food products, and great gifts!
For Book Worms
Finding just the right page-turner for the avid reader in your family will be a breeze. But if you’re not sure which book to buy, try a gift certificate.
- Sherman’s Maine Coast Book Shops – Non-fiction, fiction, mysteries, children’s, young adult, you name it, you’ll find it. This book store offers shelves of good reads and gift cards for that hard-to-buy-for person. Located in both Damariscotta and Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
- Second Hand Books – If you’re looking for books and savings, try Skidompha Second Hand Book Shop in Damariscotta, or The Mustard Seed Bookstore in Bath. The Mustard Seed is more than a bookstore. They offer special cups and special teas to enjoy while you’re browsing, or reading!
Hunting for that perfect hidden gem is a delightful journey at these antique shops. Visit the Maine Antiques Trail for a complete list.
- Damarine Antiques – This antique shop is antique itself as it’s housed in one of the oldest homes in town, the Benjamin Day House. Here you will discover one-of-a-kind antiques.
- Indian Trails Antiques – This family-owned 1800s red barn features 15,000 square feet and four floors of quality antiques just waiting to be found.
- Wiscasset Antiques Mall – Enjoy your treasure hunt amidst 13,000 square feet of high-quality antiques presented by almost 100 dealers, including period and custom furniture, silver, glass, pottery, and more. Open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- The Palabra Shop – Selling specialty antiques for over 50 years in Boothbay Harbor. If you’re looking for sterling silver, jewelry, or cut, depression or carnival glass items, be sure to stop by and check out their selection. They also carry the world’s largest collection of Moses bottles.
If your friend or family member appreciates all things art, then we have just the shop for you.
- Gifts at 136 – You will love the unique gift ideas at this award-winning shop. Their curated collection features hand crafted items by over 75 Maine artists!
Something for Everyone
The Freeport Village Station literally has something for everyone, from Carter’s, Claire’s, and Coach to Talbots, Van Heusen, and Wilsons Leather, and everything in between. You’ll find fabulous name brand stores and great specials and coupons, especially during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and through the holiday season. Most stores open at 6:00am on Black Friday. However, LL Bean Outlet, Old Navy Outlet, and Sunglass Hut open at 12:01am!
Whether you’re a frequent guest or first-time visitor to Maine’s famed coast, we would love to host your stay at our historic country bed and breakfast, the Newcastle Inn. Located in the charming Damariscotta region of the Pemaquid Peninsula and close to Boothbay Harbor, we offer elegant and comfortable lodging, delicious homemade breakfasts, and stunning views.