The safety and well-being of our guests and staff is the highest priority at Newcastle Inn. Our goal is to continue to provide you with the warmth and hospitality that are hallmarks of being a guests at Newcastle Inn, but with measures in place to keep everyone as safe as possible. Please note, face masks are required by Maine law when out in public places (common areas of the inn, stores, entering restaurants, etc.) so please bring one with you.
Check In Procedures
We will continue to meet you at the front door and welcome you as our guests but have made changes so that we are able to maintain social distancing and eliminate touching and sharing of items.
- Check in time is from 3:00 – 8:00 p.m. We are not available for early check in. Late arrival/self check in arrangements are made with advance notice.
- We are not able to store luggage.
- If you arrive to check in and another guest is being checked in please wait outside on the front walk. In the event of rain, you may come into the inn, but please wait on the screened porch until the previous guest is checked in.
- Prior to your arrival you will receive an online check in form. Please take the time to complete this form since it will minimize the amount of time that people are in close proximity to one another and will eliminate the need for sharing items (credit cards, pens, etc.) from person to person.
- You will be given an envelope which will have your room key and directions to your room.
- During this time we are not able to assist you with carrying your luggage to your room.
We have always taken great care to have the inn as clean as possible. We had added extra steps to provide a higher level of disinfecting. We are following the recommendations made by the CDC and guidelines provided to us by the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development.
Guest Room Cleaning Prior to Check In
- Whenever possible, prior to a new guest checking into a room, the room will have been unoccupied for the previous 24 hours.
- All extra bedding, decorative linens (pillows, quilts) and bathrobes have been removed from guest rooms.
- All linens are being cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
- Once cleaned, the rooms are being sanitized using an Ozone Generator.
- Once sanitized, the room is locked.
Guest Room During Your Stay
- For the safety of everyone, your guest room will not be cleaned/refreshed during your stay.
- Housekeeping staff will be available immediately following breakfast service (until approximately 12 noon) to pick up trash (that you have placed outside your room) and to replace any towels, linens that you would like refreshed.
- You will be provided with a laundry bag for dirty linens.
- Clean linens will be brought to you in a laundry bag.
- Housekeeping staff will not be going into rooms that are occupied.
- All decorative pillows have been removed.
- All paper literature,magazines, books, area guides, etc. have been removed.
- Sadly, no puzzle table for the time being.
- Throughout the day frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized.
- The public bathrooms are not available at this time.
- The ice machine has been removed. If you need ice, please let us know and we will be happy to get it for you during the time that an innkeeper is at the property from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The self service Keurig machine, kettle for hot water, cold drinks are still available for you to use if you are comfortable doing so. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available in this area.
- The bottomless cookie jar is gone, but you will find pre-wrapped cookies to enjoy!
- We are not able to provide cold storage for food items, leftovers, etc. at this time. The refrigerator in the guest pantry is only for the cold drinks that we provide. For those guests that need to keep medications cold we will have very small mini (emphasis on mini) refrigerators for you to use in your room during your stay.
We will continue to prepare, and serve you, breakfast each morning with the following changes.
- In order to provide for appropriate social distancing, at check in, you will be asked to sign up for a specific seating time. Seating will be available at tables outside (weather permitting) and inside. All dining spaces will be utilized with appropriate distancing, and seating will not be assigned, but filled as guests arrive for breakfast.
- We are allotting 45 minutes for each seating in order to allow time to disinfect tables, chairs, etc. before the next guests come to dine.
- Please wear a mask until you are seated at your table.
- The breakfast server will wear a mask while serving.
- We will continue to have coffee and tea set up in the dining room for self service prior to the start of breakfast. We will have hand sanitizer, and wipes available for you to use. If you are not comfortable with the self-service, then the breakfast server will bring you coffee, or tea, once you are seated.
We thank you for your patience, and understanding, as we work to provide you with the best experience possible during this challenging time. We know that it isn’t perfect, but are doing our best to provide you with an enjoyable experience, while keeping everyone – you our guests, and the staff safe. Working together we will all be safe and you will enjoy your visit to our beautiful part of Maine.