When you plan your next vacation to Maine, or anywhere else for that matter, look for a bed and breakfast to use as vacation HQ instead of a hotel or motel. Once you have experienced a B&B, you may never want to stay anywhere else.
Here are 7 reasons to choose a bed and breakfast for your next Maine vacation:
- Save Money: Nightly rates at many bed and breakfasts are comparable, if not less expensive, than good quality hotels and motels, and don’t forget to factor other savings. The Wi-Fi is free, and it can cost anywhere from $10 to $20 in a hotel. Plus, you get breakfast, which is going to cost about $15 a person somewhere else.
- Breakfast: While we’re on the subject, let’s not forget the breakfast. It is part of the name, after all, and most B&Bs don’t disappoint. Depending on the day or the chef’s mood, you’ll have eggs, crepes, fruit, juices and pastries to choose from. At the Newcastle Inn, we even have our own special blend of coffee.
- Pets Allowed: This is going to vary from place to place, but Newcastle Inn has two rooms set aside to accommodate visitors who simply can’t leave their dogs behind. And if you must leave your pet at home, you can make friends with Dolce, the K-9 greeter at Newcastle Inn.
- It feels like home, only better: When you stay at a bed and breakfast, you’re not stuck living in a bedroom. You can enjoy common areas, like living rooms or libraries, with comfortable seating and fixtures that invite you to sit and relax a while. In warm weather, Newcastle Inn guests enjoy our screened porch or back deck, both with views of the Damariscotta River.
- Variety: Every time you stay at a new B&B, you’ll experience something different – different furnishings, different color schemes, different food and the different personalities of the hosts or innkeepers.
- The beds: It’s an unwritten rule that you can’t run a bed and breakfast without comfortable beds. You can expect to get a good night’s sleep on a comfy mattress and tucked into by high-quality sheets and blankets. And if you really can’t bring yourself to leave the bedroom, many of the Newcastle Inn’s rooms have flat-screen TVs and fireplaces.
- The hosts: The people who run bed and breakfast inns love to entertain and make people comfortable. Why else would they do it? When you stay at a bed and breakfast, you’re likely to make a new friend for life. Not only that, you’ll get extra insights into the community where you’re staying and tips on places to visit.
There you have it. Seven reasons to choose a bed and breakfast. Maine has many, many wonderful B&Bs, and we hope you’ll have a chance to experience one of them on your next Maine vacation. Visit the Newcastle Inn accommodations page to make your reservation today!